In this Simba vs Eve mattress comparison, we get to bring two of the biggest names in the UK. The mattress industry is ever so fragmented, which means it is becoming more important to do your research. We highlight the most important points of parity and points of difference between these two popular mattresses.
Keep scrolling for the Simba vs Eve comparison. (COMPARISON TABLE AT THE END)
If you have a few extra minutes to spare, we would highly recommend taking a look at our full mattress reviews:
Simba vs Eve Mattress Construction
From 100% polyester, the Simba cover has a good degree of stretch and breathability. The simple and modern cover is also machine washable (top half only) at up to 40 degrees Celsius. If you look closely to the grey side panels you will notice small air pores which allow for better airflow. FYI the cover is also hypoallergenic.
Just like the Simba cover, the Eve cover is also hypoallergenic. Made from 98% polyester and 2% elastane, it can be removed and machine washed (top panel). Eve has also included 4 handles and anti-slip base so your mattress stays in place while you toss and turn.
Verdict - Comparing the covers, we notice they are both very similar with the only difference being the mattress handles. The Eve cover has a honeycomb pattern on top and the Simba a diamond texture this not only looks great but also improves breathability for both covers. The bright yellow from the Eve lets anyone in the room know you have an Eve, just keep in mind it may even show through some thin sheets.
Simba vs Eve Materials and Layer Comparison
The Simba is a hybrid mattress which means it is a mixture between foam and springs, here is a list of the 4 layers:
- Synthetic latex layer - The top cooling layer is made with natural cooling soybean balms and is very soft to the touch.
- Conical pocket springs - Conical means they are cone-shaped which means they can contract to a very minimum allowing for more give in the extruding areas.
- Memory foam layer - This layer acts as the bridge between the springs and base foam to offer optimal pressure relief.
- Polyfoam base foam - This is the stable base layer which provides support to the upper layers.
Unlike the Simba Mattress, Eve is a memory foam mattress made from 3 layers of foam:
- Evecomfort® layer - This is Eve's very own memory foam that uses open cell technology which makes it 30 times more breathable than ordinary memory foam.
- Middle memory foam layer - This layer ensures even weight distribution and pressure relief.
- Dense support layer - This is the densest of the foams and gives the mattress its structure.
Verdict - From comparing the mattress construction we noticed that by having a spring layer, the Simba Hybrid mattress has slightly better edge support and bounce. However, the Eve Original mattress would be better for those looking for less motion transfer and better body contouring.
Simba vs Eve Firmness & Feel
The combination of the foams and springs work very well in harmony.
The Eve Original mattress is a 6.5/10 in terms of firmness. Eve provides a balanced feeling mattress which is great for variable sleepers.
Verdict - There is no right or wrong firmness, it all depends on what you like. However, UK sleep specialists advise that spinal alignment is best kept corrected from medium-firm mattresses which both the Simba and Eve are categorised as. The Eve mattress may feel slightly firmer
Simba vs Eve Mattress Review Comparison
For this Simba vs Eve mattress comparison, we included a table below just highlighting the main facts:
|Cover||(100% polyester) & machine washable||(98% polyester and 2% elastane) with handles & machine washable|
|Top Layer||Synthetic Latex (4cm)||Evecomfort® Layer (4cm)|
|Layer 2||Conical Pocket Spring Layer (2cm)||Memory Foam Layer (3cm)|
|Layer 3||Memory Foam Layer (3,5cm)||Polyurethane Support Layer (17,5cm)|
|Layer 4||Polyfoam (15,5cm)||NA|
|Max Weight (2 people)||18 stone or 114kg per person||18 stone or 114kg per person|
|Delivery||Free, 2-5 business days||Free, 1-3 business days|
|Latest Discount||Latest Discount|
|Our Review||Simba Hybrid Rating||Eve Original Rating|
Should I Buy Simba or Eve?
We hope this Simba vs Eve mattress comparison gave you some clarity on which mattress would better suit you, we just have some final words to share with you:
We Would Recommend Buying Simba if You Are Looking For:
- A medium feel mattress.
- A mattress combining pushback of springs and comfort of foam (hybrid).
- A mattress with very good edge support.
We Would Recommend Buying Eve if You Are Looking For:
- A slightly firmer than medium feeling mattress.
- A well-rounded & balanced mattress.
- An all-foam mattress.
- A mattress with little motion transfer.