Brook + Wilde is an award-winning and luxury brand that produces all its products in the UK. Currently, Brook + Wilde offers four different luxury mattresses; these include The Elite Mattress, The Ultima Mattress and their most popular, The Lux Mattress. Aside from their mattresses, Brook + Wilde also offer sofa beds, bed frames, pillows and various other household furniture and decorations.
This review will focus on the latest addition to Brook + Wilde's luxury mattress collection, the Perla Mattress. Please keep reading to explore the various features and benefits the mattress can offer, as well as information about the company itself.
|✓ People seeking support and bounce
✓ Hot sleepers
✓ Those looking for a specific firmness
| • New to market
• High price point
• Limited size options
(Summary in Conclusion with Important Considerations)
The Perla Mattress Firmness
Brook + Wilde offers three different firmness levels; soft, medium, and firm. Each feel has the same cost and a variety of sizes available. Brook + Wilde have also included a firmness ranking to give you an idea of how the mattress will feel. Below are the different firmness ratings and the benefits they can offer.
- Soft: Brook + Wilde have given this mattress a firmness rating of 3/10 and compare it to sinking into a marshmellow. They state the soft mattress still offers support, but more cushion and cozyness.
- Medium: The medium feel mattress has a firmness rating of 5/10 and offers a balance between sinkage and support. Brook + Wilde also state that the medium mattress should offer comfort and resistance.
- Firm: The firmest mattress has a ranking of 7/10 and offers a firm support while still maintaining comfort. Brooke + Wilde also say this mattress has a more supportive feel rather than being too springy.
In addition, you also have the option to take advantage of Brook + Wilde's bespoke service, which gives you access to their extra-firm mattress. You can access this service by contacting the customer care team.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Construction
The Perla mattress has been consists of 14 layers, with a variety of materials to offer a balance between comfort and support. The layers consist of 7000 springs and memory foam, which is designed to mould and conform to the body.
Brook + Wilde state that the materials used in their Perla mattress have been inspired by natural mattresses and luxurious and natural components. Silk has been added for its lightweight breathability, while alpaca fleece is included for its weight, strength and hypoallergenic properties. In addition, the mattress also contains pure new wool and cashmere, which is soft and durable.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Layers
To make up the hybrid construction, the Brook + Wilde mattress comprises 14 layers in total. This includes layers of memory wool, springs and the cover. Please keep reading to explore the various layers and the benefits they have to offer.
- Cashmere Wool: The first layer is designed to wick away moisture while offering luxury and comfort
- Natural Fibres: This layer offers natural comfort by including a blended mix of cashmere, bamboo, alpaca and new wool.
- Memory Wool: This airstreamed memory wool provides breathability and natural comfort.
- Pocket Springs: The first spring layer features 1000 natural pocket springs which have been designed to provide the sleeper with comfort and bounce.
- Memory Wool: Brook + Wilde have included another airstream high-density wool layer to offer additional comfort and breathability.
- Lumbar Support: To help ease pressure on the joints, there is a zone-profiled lumbar support later to target different areas of the body.
- Encapsulated Layer: This layer is located towards the base of the mattress and can offer structure and support.
- Micro-Springs: The first micro-spring layer consists of 2000 2cm springs which offer push-back and comfort.
- Pocket Springs: An additional layer of 2000 5cm pocket springs has been added to increase the support and bounce.
- Micro-Springs: The final spring layer includes more 2cm micro-pocket springs to contribute to the comfort, bounce and push-back of the overall mattress.
- Base: The foundation of the mattress rests on a extra high-density base.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Cover
A mattress cover is designed to protect the layers and fillings within the mattress and add comfort and breathability. The Perla Mattress cover consists of varying materials to offer additional benefits and features.
Firstly, the cover is knitted with natural silk, which has been added to create a cool surface and an element of luxury. The cover also includes low-friction fabric, which is designed to provide extra comfort and reduce shear action between the cover and the cashmere layer inside the mattress. Whatsmore, there is also a non-slip layer at the base of the mattress to help keep everything in place and minimise unwanted movement.
To maintain hygiene, the mattress cover is removable and washable on a gentle cycle at 30 degrees. This will allow you to easily remove any stains or odours and therefore prolong the life of your mattress.
How Thick Is The Perla Mattress?
The Perla Mattress comes in various sizes; however, they all have a depth of 32 cm. This mattress has a greater depth than other Brook + Wilde mattresses, so this could be a good option if you're looking for a thicker mattress from the brand.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Trial and Return
Brook + Wilde offers a 100-night comfort trial with their mattresses, which means you can test the mattress in your own home to ensure it's the right fit for you. Generally, it can take up to 30 days to become accustomed to a new mattress, so 100 days should be enough time to be sure if your new mattress suits your preferences.
During the mattress trial, if the mattress doesn't suit your preferences, you can exchange it for another mattress with a different firmness level, without any additional costs. It's worth noting that if you exchange the mattress, the new mattress will not be eligible for a trial period.
Alternatively, you can ask for a full refund, as long as it is within the trial period time. It is recommended that you purchase a mattress protector to maintain the condition if you wish to return the mattress.
Like other Brook + Wilde mattresses, the Perla Mattress comes with a 10-year guarantee. This warranty can give you some peace of mind and protect your purchase over time. The guarantee covers any faulty materials or workmanship over the 10-year period, and repairs can be made free of charge within this time period.
It's important to note that the guarantee does not include damage caused by normal wear and tear or any changes in the feel or firmness. It also does not cover any unpleasant odours or discolouration to the cover.
To help prolong the life of your mattress and protect it from damage, Brook + Wilde recommend using a mattress protector and avoiding any detergents or chemical cleaners on the mattress cover. It's also worth checking the terms and conditions before attempting any returns.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Delivery
Brook + Wilde offer free premium delivery with their Perla Mattress, where they deliver the boxed mattress to a room of your choice with a two-person delivery service. Delivery time is expected to take up to 12 weeks and may take longer for deliveries to Scotland.
After ordering your mattress, you can arrange the delivery with the courier team and will receive an email or text regarding the time slot and day of delivery. You will also receive a call when the delivery team arrives at your home.
Additional Services Offered by Brook + Wilde
Alongside their premium delivery service, Brook + Wilde also offer mattress recycling, where you can contact the Customer Care Team to discuss recycling your current mattress. Each part of the mattress is stripped down, with 95% of its materials being recycled and the remainder being used for energy.
In addition, Brook + Wilde also value sustainability and donate all used mattresses to the British Heart Foundation to prevent their products from going into landfills. They also make sure that any timber used in their products is sustainable and locally grown.
- Debit/Credit Card
Brook + Wilde also offer their finance scheme, which allows you to spread the cost of your purchase interest-free. You can do this over 6, 9 or 12 months, depending on the amount you spend. You can read more about eligibility and conditions on the Brook' + Wilde site.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Price and Sizes
The Perla Mattress comes in three sizes, ranging from double to super-king. Although there is no single size, the available sizes make it a good choice for those seeking a mattress for couples. It's also worth noting that the Perla Mattress comes with three different firmness options; however, this does not affect the sizing prices.
|SIZE||DIMENSIONS||PRICE (excl. discount code)|
|Perla Double Mattress||135x190x32 cm||£3399|
|Perla King Mattress||150x200x32 cm||£3699|
|Perla Super-king Mattress||180x200x32 cm||£3999|
As the Perla Mattress has a variety of layers and materials, it is more pricey than other mattresses available on the UK market. However, Brook + Wilde promises elements of luxury and high-quality materials, which serve to justify the higher price tag.
Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress Discount & Deal
Brook + Wilde have provided this exclusive coupon to give you a discount on their products. However, it's worth checking their page for further discounts and sales throughout the year.
For further discounts across leading mattress and bedding brands, check our Brook + Wilde Mattress Discounts page.
- Brooke + Wilde has been the recicipent of several awards and recieved recognition from the third-party publications
- Brooke + Wilde values sustainability and support a third-party non-profit organisation who aim protect the enviroment and provide aid to people in different parts of the world.
- In 2021, Brook + Wilde featured in the magazine Great British Brands, which showcases the top 150 best names in British luxury.
- All Brook + Wilde products are made in the UK
- If you're unsure which mattress firmness if the right fit for you, Brook + Wilde feature and in-depth guide to their firmness options and suitability on their site.
The Perla Mattress FAQ's
How is the Perla Mattress constructed?
The Perla Mattress has been constructed with 14 layers made up primarily from springs, foam and wool. The materials have been inspired by nature and offer a balance between comfort and support.
How is the Perla Mattress delivered?
Brook + Wilde offers free delivery and a premium service. This involves a two-man delivery service to a room of your choice and unboxing.
How does the 100-day trial work?
As the mattress can only be purchased online, you have the option to test the mattress at home for 100 days, starting from the date of delivery. If you are not satisfied within this period, you can return the mattress and receive a full refund or exchange for another firmness level.
Should I Buy A Brook And Wilde Perla Mattress?
Brook + Wilde promises luxury and high quality, so if this is something you are looking for, the Perla Mattress could be a good choice. The balance of springs and wool can create a balance between support and comfort, appealing to a wide range of sleepers. Due to this, the Perla mattress is an excellent option for those willing to spend a little more money.
We would recommend the Brook + Wilde Perla Mattress for:
- Those with a bigger budget and are prefer products with elements of luxury.
- Individuals seeking a balance between comfort, bounce and support.
- People who value a choice of firmness options and the ability to exchange.