Emma is one of the best-selling mattress brands in the UK, with a reported 1.5 million mattresses sold in 2020 alone. Emma has also received widespread recognition alongside positive reviews. This review will focus on one of their new additions, the Emma Luxe Mattress.
As stated, this review will be based on the Emma Luxe Mattress; however, if you are interested in other Emma mattresses, we have previously reviewed Emma Premium Mattress, Emma Hybrid Mattress and the Emma Original Mattress.
In this review, we will explore the different features of the Emma Luxe mattress, as well as the company itself and what they can offer their customers.
|✓ Variable sleepers|
✓ Hot sleepers
✓ Spinal alignment
| • Hybrid construction|
• Temperature regulation
• Edge support
(Summary in Conclusion with Important Considerations)
Emma Luxe Mattress Firmness
Emma states that their Luxe mattress has a medium-soft firmness, which aims to provide a comfortable hugging sensation. As firmness is often subjective, it is recommended to test the mattress yourself, either in-store or through a trial period.
A softer firmness option could appeal to those who enjoy sinking into their mattress rather than lying on top of it. Heavy people may prefer a medium-firm to firm mattress as it can help prevent sagging over time.
The hybrid construction of the Emma Luxe mattress likely contributes towards the soft-firm feel, as the foam offers cushioning comfort, whereas the springs provide sturdy support.
It's worth noting that finding the right firmness to match your preferences can play an important role in spinal alignment and in relieving any aches and pains. Finding the right pillow, such as the Emma pillow, can also help to achieve a comfortable night's rest.
Emma Luxe Mattress Construction & Certifications
The Emma Luxe Mattress consists of several layers, each with its own features and benefits. These layers include Halo Memory Foam™, Emma HRX Supreme™ Foam, CarbonCool Springs and CarbonFlex Springs.
All Emma mattresses have been made in the UK; therefore, they meet British standards and regulations. Emma states that they have used durable and easy-to-clean materials in the construction of their Luxe mattress. The materials used have fire retardant qualities and are UKFR certified.
Emma Luxe Mattress Layers
- Titanium Cool Layer: Emma claims that this first foam layer is 1000x more heat conductive than other typical foams. This layer may be beneficial for hot sleepers as it can help to reduce heat and regulate temperature.
- Halo Memory Foam™ Layer: The Halo Memory Foam™ layer is designed to moud to the sleeper's body shape and create a hugging sensation. This can help with spinal alignment and pressure relief.
- 2X HRX Supreme™ Foam Layer: For added pressure relief, Emma has included their HRX Supreme™ Foam layer which features twin layers of high resiliency extra foam.
- 2X CarbonCool Springs: Aside from the foam, Emma also includes springs in their Luxe mattress. The first spring layer consists of 2 layers of micro-springs, which aim to promote breathability and increase airflow.
- CarbonFlex Springs: The second layer or springs is designed to aid with spinal alignment by adapating the the body. With an additional layer of springs, the overall spring count totals to over 5000.
- Support Edge: Finally, we have the HRX layer, which helps to maintain the structure and support of the mattress and prevent any sagging. There is also an additional anti-slip treatment at the base of the mattress to keep everything in place.
Emma Luxe Mattress Cover
The top cover is 99% polyester and 1% elastane, while the side cover is 100% polyester. The bottom cover is 85% polyester and 15% polypropylene; the latter has properties that include fatigue resistance and a rigid structure. Polyester can also be beneficial as it is known to be lightweight, durable and easy to clean.
The top cover has been made using luxurious fabric to create a soft and comfortable surface. Emma has also used Evap Touch technology, which is designed for temperature regulation and to help wick away excess moisture.
In addition, the cover is also removable and machine washable at 40 degrees Celsius; this allows you to maintain good levels of hygiene while helping to remove any unpleasant odours or stains.
How Thick Is The Emma Luxe Mattress?
The Emma Luxe mattress is 31cm thick, which is slightly thicker than Emma's other available mattresses.
It's worth noting that the average mattress thickness typically tends to range from 20cm - 35cm; therefore, if you prefer a mattress on the thicker side, the Emma Luxe mattress may be a good option.
keep in mind you may need deep fitting sheets for this mattress.
Emma Luxe Mattress Trial and Return
Upon purchasing the Emma Luxe Mattress, you will also receive a 200-night risk-free trial which allows the customer to test the mattress in their own home and return it if they are not satisfied with the purchase. You can also return the mattress within the trial period, and someone will come and pick it up for you, free of charge.
We are happy to give you 200 nights to test your new Emma products in your own home. This way you can get to know your new mattress or bed without any worries and convince yourself of its quality.
A 200-night trial can be a good amount of time to get used to a new mattress; as Emma states, it typically takes around six weeks to get adjusted to sleeping on a new surface. The trial period starts from the day you receive your Luxe mattress, and you can remove all packaging and wrapping during this period.
Emma states that they have spent thousands of hours developing the Emma Luxe mattress to ensure good quality. Despite this, to give you peace of mind, the mattress comes with a 10-year warranty. This allows you to protect your purchase against any possible damage over time.
Emma is transparent with their returns policies, and you can find a lot of information on their site or by getting in contact with a staff member. That being said, it's helpful to read the T&C's before purchasing so there are no surprises down the road.
Emma Luxe Mattress Delivery
The Emma Mattress has been conveniently vacuum-sealed and rolled into a 45x45x110 cm box.
Like many roll-up mattresses or bed in a box companies, it is recommended to allow the mattress up to 24 hours to expand to its standard shape and size. It's also worth noting that you may smell a 'new-smell' often referred to as off-gassing. You help remove this by ventilating the room and allowing for plenty of airflow.
Emma works with Rhenus, UPS and DPD to ensure that the Emma products are delivered directly to your door. Delivery time can take between 4-6 weeks, although this may vary depending on the time of year and availability.
Additional Services Offered by Emma
Emma offers a handy old mattress removal service when you purchase a new mattress, so you don't need to worry about disposing of your old mattress. This is at an additional cost and will require you to bring your old mattress to the door for collection. You can book the service as you place your order, and your old mattress will be removed when your new mattress arrives.
Whatsmore, Emma sometimes offers a Saturday delivery for an additional fee, which will be delivered between 9 am, and 12 am. This is ideal for those who work during the week and cannot accept deliveries whilst at work.
- Debit/Credit Card
- Dividebuy (0% installments)
Emma Luxe Mattress Price and Sizes
Here is a list of the sizes and prices available with the Emma Luxe mattress.
|SIZE||DIMENSIONS||PRICE (excl. discount code)|
|Emma Double size mattress||135x190x31 cm||£1599|
|Emma King size mattress||150x200x31 cm||£1799|
|Emma Super-king size mattress||180x200x31 cm||£1999|
Due to its hybrid construction and complex layers, the Emma Luxe mattress is more pricey when compared to the other Emma mattresses. If you are looking for a budget-friendly mattress, it's worth considering the Emma Essential Mattress or the Emma Select Mattress. These mattresses are exclusively sold through third-party platforms and discount sites.
Emma Luxe Mattress Discount & Deal
If you're keen to save some money, we recommend checking out our Emma Discount Codes. These discounts, savings and deals may be subject to change, so it's worth keeping an eye on it to grab your chance at getting a good deal. For further discounts across leading mattress and bedding brands, check our Mattress Discounts page.
- Emma is considered the world's leading D2C sleep brand according to PR Newswire.
- Emma has introduced new technology with their Emma Luxe Mattress to help with cooling and temperature regulation.
- As Emma values sustainability, the brand has partnered with One Tree Planted and pledges to plant a tree for every order placed.
- All mattresses sold by Emma have been subject to extensive research and development. Emma claims this helps the mattresses to be suitable for every body type.
- In 2021, it was reported that Emma´s brand awareness has reached 48%, mostly due to the success of the Emma Orginal Mattress.
- Emma has a sleep research team led by neurobioligist, Dr Verena Senn. The team focuses on sleep product design and performs sleep studies which can be applied to the mattresses.
Emma Luxe Mattress FAQ's
How is the Emma Luxe Mattress created?
The Emma Luxe Mattress has been created using a hybrid construction with ten layers. This includes layers of foam and springs, as well as added technology to help with temperature regulation and comfort.
How is the Emma Luxe Mattress shipped?
All Emma products offer free shipping in which your order is delivered straight to your door. The Emma Luxe mattress is rolled and vacuum packed into a box. The dimensions of the box are 45x45x110cm.
How does the 200-night trial work?
The 200-night trial allows you to test the Emma Luxe Mattress in the comfort of your own home to make sure it's the best mattress for you. If the mattress is not to your liking, you can return it for free.
Should I Buy an Emma Luxe Mattress?
Here are our final thoughts on this Emma Luxe Mattress review.
Emma is a leading brand in the UK mattress market and has received praise from organisations and customers alike. This stands as a testament to the quality and service that Emma provides. The Emma Luxe Mattress offers a complex hybrid construction that provides plenty of features and benefits.
We would recommend the Emma Luxe Mattress for:
- Individuals with a bigger budget and are willing to spend more for added technological features.
- Those seeking a hybrid construction with a balance of foam and springs.
- Hot sleepers who are looking for temperature regulating properties.