Panda is an environmentally-conscious company that was set up in 2015. The founders aimed to find a material that offered luxury and comfort without damaging the environment. Eventually, Panda decided bamboo would be the perfect fit due to its many sustainable benefits and appealing natural properties.
Since then, Panda has used bamboo in all its products and continues to take steps towards protecting the environment. The company now sells a range of products, including pillows, toppers, bedding and accessories - which can all be purchased on their website.
Whatsmore, Panda has gained several awards and recognition from third-party sites and organisations. They have also received thousands of positive reviews from satisfied customers. This review will focus on the Panda Duvet and will explore the construction and other details which are helpful to know before purchasing.
Panda Duvet Construction
The Panda Cloud duvet has been constructed to feel soft and luxurious. The filling consists of 50% bamboo and 50% Nano-Microfibre™. The inclusion of bamboo means the duvet is breathable and anti-bacterial, whereas the Nano-Microfibre™ helps to disperse air and regulate the temperature.
The duvet also has Bavarian sewn-through pockets, which help keep the filling in place and keep the sleepers warm at night. The duvet also includes small corner loops which can be subtly attached to the hidden straps on Panda bedding - ensuring the cover stays in place over the duvet.
To complete the duvet, it has been finished with 100% bamboo and black piping. Panda has included a large quantity of bamboo in its duvet as the material has many benefits. These positive benefits include:
- Temperature Regulation: The material´s insulating properties can keep you warm in the winter and its breathability and moisture wicking abilities can help keep you cool in summer.
- Sustainable: The bamboo used is grown sustainably and meets social and environmental standards. Using bamboo can also save water and land when compared to other materials.
- Hyopallergenic: Due to bamboo's natural origins, the material is hypoallergenic, meaning it should be suitable for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Antibacterial: Bamboo is also known to be antibacterial and anti-microbial, which means it can protect you from unwanted visitors such as dust mites and bed bugs.
Panda Duvet Price & Sizes
The Panda Cloud Duvet comes in a range of four different sizes and prices. It's recommended to double-check the dimensions before purchasing a duvet cover to ensure it's the right fit.
|Panda Duvet single size||135 cm x 200 cm||10.5||£99.95|
|Panda Duvet double size||200 cm x 200 cm||10.5||£129.95|
|Panda Duvet king size||225 cm x 220 cm||10.5||£144.95|
|Panda Duvet super king size||260 cm x 220 cm||10.5||£159.95|
Delivery & Trial Period
Upon purchasing a Panda duvet, you should receive Standard UK delivery, which is free for all orders over £30. Delivery should take 2-3 working days; however, there is the option to get next day and Saturday delivery. There is also the option to ship worldwide at an extra cost; although, Panda only offers free returns to UK customers. Panda works with DHL, DPD and UPS to deliver their products.
Panda offers a 30-night trial period with their duvet. This means you can try out the duvet in your own home and return it if it's not to your liking. Returns within the trial period are free, and you should receive a full refund.
Sustainability & The Environment
As a brand, Panda strives to help save the planet by taking many environmental, sustainable and social steps within their company. Here are some of the key contributions Panda is making to have a positive impact on the planet:
- Growing Bamboo: Panda grows all their bamboo organically and without chemicals or pesticides, which helps to protect the forest and wildlife. The workers social and economic welfare are also monitored to maintain high standards.
- Manufacturing: All factories are subject to high ethical standards and all suppliers must meet the ethical standards of SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit). This ensures fair wages and safe working condiitons.
- Environment: Panda uses a ´closed loop´system which recycles liquid and saves water. The dyes used in manufacturing are also non-toxic and eco-friendly, and are therefore able to reduce water and energy consumption by 50%.
- Wildlife: To help protect the wildlife, all Panda products are vegan-friendly and bird-friendly, as no feathers are used in their products. The bamboo used is also FSC approved, which means the forests and wildlife products are protected and monitored.
- Packaging: Panda avoids using single-use plastic and all their packaging is recycable and reusable. The packaging is also biodegradable and compostable, meaning it can naturally decompose and leave no toxicity in the soil.
- Carbon Footprint: To try and reduce their carbon footprint, Panda has a no-plane policy and instead imports all products by sea. Panda's courier companies also use renewable energy in their sorting hubs and electric transport fleets in large cities.
Where To Buy The Panda Duvet?
You can purchase the Panda duvet on the Panda website, alongside any of their other products, such as toppers, pillows, accessories and bundles. You can also find exclusive sales and discounts throughout the year on their website. In addition, you can also find the duvet on Amazon, which allows you to compare prices and get the best deal.
Below is the exclusive discount code for Panda products; the discounts could change throughout the year, so it's worth keeping an eye on what Panda has to offer.
Why Should I Buy A Panda Duvet?
The Panda Duvet is an excellent option if you're seeking an environmentally-friendly product with sustainable materials and manufacturing processes. The organic bamboo used in the duvet is also ethically-sourced and grown without pesticides or chemicals.
The duvet itself should appeal to hot sleepers as bamboo is naturally breathable and temperature regulating. The duvet has been designed to be soft and comfortable, with hypoallergenic materials, so suffering from allergies shouldn't have any issues.
The Panda Duvet has been certified by Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX® which means there are no harmful chemicals used in the dying of their products. Whatsmore, Panda also offers a 5-year guarantee with their duvet, which can help protect your purchase over time.
The Panda Cloud Duvet is best suited for:
- Environmentally-conscious individuals
- Hot sleepers seeking breathability
- Vegans and animal-friendly people
- Individuals who suffer from allergies or sensitive skin