There are many reasons why people rather look for a luxury mattress as compared to a regular mattress. Luxury mattresses are known for being more comfortable, using higher-quality materials as well as being more durable and long-lasting.
(Important Facts, Studies, Advice, Considerations & FAQs in Conclusion).
|MATTRESS||TYPE||FIRMNESS||TRIAL & WARRANTY||PRICE|
|Brook + Wilde Elite mattress||Hybrid||Soft, Medium or Firm||100 Nights|
|DreamCloud mattress||Hybrid||Medium-firm||365 Nights|
|Eve Premium Hybrid mattress||Hybrid||Medium-firm||100 Nights|
|REM-Fit 600 Lux mattress||Hybrid||Soft-medium||100 Nights|
|Simba Hybrid Pro mattress||Hybrid||Medium-firm||200 Nights|
|Tempur Hybrid Elite mattress||Hybrid||Medium-firm||40 Nights|
1. Brook + Wilde Elite Mattress
|• Wave technology |
• Thermo-regulating layer
• 6 layered construction
|• Hot sleepers|
• Those looking for shoulder support
• Sleepers seeking pressure relief
The Brook and Wilde Elite mattress is a 6 layered, hybrid design that uses memory foam, springs and sleep technology. The four-way stretch cover is breathable and allows for air circulation; it can also be unzipped and washed at 30 degrees. The mattress cover also includes mattress handles for easy adjustments and moveability.
The first layer is a memory foam protector, followed by the thermo-regulating top layer. This layer is a blend of sustainable natural raw materials, including natural balm and soybean oil. The use of these elements can promote deeper and more restful sleep. Additionally, this layer is made up of open-cell technology, for breathability and with added moisture evaporation.
The first spring layer comprises of 2500 mini pocket springs; this layer provides pushback and bounce. The pocket springs were engineered to move with you, react to your body and reduce pressure points while you sleep. The fourth layer is the wave technology layer, made from specialist support foam with cushioning qualities that help relieve pressure. This support foam has added density in the upper area of the mattress, which aids in spinal alignment and is targeted at shoulder care and support.
The Brook and Wilde Elite mattress also has a choice of firmness, a soft, medium or firm feel. Your purchase includes a free premium delivery, which involves a 2 man delivery team that delivers to your room of choice. This includes free returns or a firmness exchange. The mattress also has a 100-night trial which allows you to test the mattress and decide whether you like it or not. A 10-year guarantee also covers the Elite mattress.
2. DreamCloud Mattress
|• ActivEdge™ coils |
• DreamPlush memory foam
• 365-night trial
|• Those who value durability |
• Sleepers who enjoy a medium-firm feel
• Individuals seeking reduced motion transfer
Having received many positive customer reviews, the DreamCloud mattress uses a hybrid design with 4 internal layers and a soft quilted cover. This luxury hybrid combines breathable foams and ActivEdge™ coils to provide heat distribution and support.
The mattress includes a quilted and double tufted cover that combines premium softness with breathable cooling technology. Also included are mattress handles for added convenience. The first internal layer is the DreamPlush memory foam which provides contouring and pressure relief. This is followed by the supportive foam layer, which assists in shaping around your body quicker and acting as a transition layer between the soft memory foam layer and the spring layer beneath.
Additionally, the ActivEdge™ Coil Layer consists of 15 cm premium pocket springs with ActivEdge™ technology. This layer provides support across the entire mattress, while the coils provide increased airflow. The fourth layer is the support foam base layer designed to absorb motion and provide additional support.
Included in your purchase of a DreamCloud mattress is a free premium delivery service, which uses a 2 man delivery team delivering to your room of choice. Additionally, DreamCloud offers a 365-night trial period, allowing you to test the mattress out in your room for a full year. If you arent pleased with the mattress, you could return it for a full refund within the trial period. DreamCloud also offers a forever warranty.
3. Eve Premium Hybrid Mattress
|• Medium-firm feel|
• Floatfoam® layer
• Silver stranded cover
|• Sleepers who value edge support|
• Those seeking spinal alignment
• People looking for a cooler mattress
The Eve Premium Hybrid mattress is a hybrid design that utilises full-sized pocket springs, premium foams including the patented floatfoam® and a quilted cover with added benefits. The medium-firm mattress has an 8 layer design, including the dual cover, which sits on the top and bottom of the mattress.
The Eve Premium Hybrid mattress removable cover is made from 97% polyester, 2% elastane and 1% silver. Tiny silver strands are woven into the cover, which creates an antibacterial and antimicrobial sleeping surface. The first inner layer is the Floatfoam® layer, which includes graphite infusions for its pressure-relieving and cooling properties.
Below this is a denser foam layer designed to support and align your spine. This is followed by the foam casing layer, which provides edge support, ensuring that your mattress doesn’t sag on the edges. The fifth inner layer is a spring layer, which uses 1500 full-sized pocket springs to provide increased support. Due to the spacing of the springs, this layer is breathable and allows the air to flow through the mattress.
The Eve premium hybrid mattress comes with free delivery and returns and a 100-night trial. This allows you to try it out in your home, and if it isn’t for you, you can receive a full refund within the trial period. Your mattress is also covered by a 10-year warranty.
4. REM-Fit 600 Lux Hybrid Mattress
|• Premium pocket springs |
• High-density foam support base
• 15-year warranty
|• Heavier individuals |
• Those with allergies
• Sleepers who prefer a soft-medium feel
Made in the UK, The REM-Fit® 600 Lux Hybrid Mattress is a 5 layer hybrid design. The mattress is a soft-medium feel with a removable and washable cover, which is made from hypoallergenic Re-Ax fabric. The knitted cover is also thermoregulating, which means that it allows for great airflow throughout the mattress.
Within the mattress is a comfort memory foam layer with added zoning, which is designed to care for your body's bonier areas and reduce pressure build-up. The foam itself is an open-cell foam layer, which is 30x more breathable than regular foams. Below this is the spring layer with 2,500 mini springs designed to produce contouring support for your intricate areas. This is followed by 1,000 premium encapsulated pocket springs, which help ensure that your spine is always comfortably aligned. The springs are also breathable and allow for airflow throughout your mattress.
Moreover, the mattress includes an edge support layer, which means that the edge of your mattress will have the same tension as the centre and can help reduce that roll-off feeling. The final layer is the high-density foam support base, which can provide a durable foundation for your mattress. Due to the strong foundation, the mattress can support 40 stone for a minimum of 15 years.
The REM-Fit 600 Lux Hybrid mattress comes with free next-day delivery and includes is a 100-night trial period to test the mattress and make sure it is the one for you. The REM-Fit 600 Lux Hybrid mattress also has a 15-year warranty.
5. Simba Hybrid Pro Mattress
|• Edge lift technology |
• Simbatex® foam layer
• Hypoallergenic cover
|• Sleepers who value responsiveness |
• Those who prefer British products
• Individuals seeking increased support
The Simba Hybrid Pro mattress is manufactured in the UK and 100% British steel for the springs as well as moisture-wicking British wool. The hybrid design includes the use of foam and springs in a mattress.
The Simba Hybrid Pro is a 4 layer design with 3 different types of foam layers and an enclosed spring layer. The hypoallergenic mattress cover is made from 100% polyester, giving it a stretchy feel. The cover includes 4 mattress handles, and it is recommended to rotate the mattress every few months.
Within the mattress is the open-cell Simbatex® foam layer, which is designed to be breathable due to the graphite infusions. When combined with the open-cell structure, it can promote airflow and allow heat to escape. Below is the conical spring layer, which uses up to 5,000 conical pocket miQro springs, enclosed in a 100% polyester pocket. The springs increase responsiveness and bounce for the sleeper while reacting to your movements.
Moreover, there is a high definition foam layer made using polyurethane-based foam. Simba uses its Edge lift technology to provide support on the edge of your mattress and reduce the roll-off feeling. The final layer is a base foam layer which provides a stable and strong foundation for your mattress. Also included in the foam are 7 zones for support to target the hips and shoulders while ensuring spinal alignment.
Included in your Simba Hybrid Pro mattress is free delivery and returns policy. The Simba Pro also includes a 100-night trial, where you’re free to test the mattress and return it for free and receive a full refund if you're dissatisfied. There is also a 10-year guarantee.
6. Tempur Hybrid Elite Mattress
|• QuickRefresh™ Cover |
• Durabase™ Technology layer
• Precision™ Micro Coils
|• Those who value raw materials |
• Individuals with a bigger budget
• Sleepers seeking spinal alignment
The Tempur Hybrid Elite is a 4 layered design, with 3 different foam layers and a single spring layer. The mattress includes a QuickRefresh™ Cover is made of 99% polyester and is both removable and washable up to 60 degrees.
The first internal layer is the Advanced Tempur® material layer which helps cushion your body and provide soft comfort. This is followed by the Dynamic support technology layer with visco-elastic cells, which actively mould and adapt to your body as well as supporting weight distribution. The mattress also includes their Precision™ Micro Coils, which are 10cm tall and offer responsiveness, support and spinal alignment.
The final internal layer is the Durabase™ Technology layer which uses Visco foam to provides a strong and stable base for your mattress. This layer is made with raw materials and produced in a clean and environmentally friendly manner.
Tempur offers free home delivery, setup and returns on their products. The delivery team consists of a 2-man delivery system, which delivers and sets up your mattress for you. With your mattress, you receive a 100-night trial, where you can test your mattress and ensure that it is the one for you. The Tempur Hybrid Elite also comes with a 10-year guarantee.
Defining A Luxury Mattress
When we hear the term ‘luxury’, it’s helpful to know what separates the higher-end mattresses from the standard cheaper mattresses. The most obvious answer is cost. Depending on the size, a luxury mattress can generally cost from around £800, all the way up to £3000.
In addition, a luxury mattress should include high quality or premium materials, with added technology and features. Generally, due to their complex structures, luxury mattresses often fall into the hybrid mattress category as they tend to combine different materials and elements. Many luxury mattresses also have a medium-firm feel, which is typically well-suited for various individuals and sleeping positions.
As of 2021, the most expensive mattress type in the UK is a latex mattress, with an average cost of £588 for a king-sized bed. This is followed by memory foam at £456, and pocket sprung mattresses coming in cheapest at £324.
Luxury Mattress Expectations
Purchasing a luxury mattress usually means splashing out more than usual. For this reason, you should set high expectations for your luxury mattress to ensure that you’re getting what you pay for. Here are some points to consider if you’re wanting to get the most out of your mattress.
- Comfort: This is often considered the priority when searching for a new mattress; after all, the aim is to get a comfortable night’s sleep. A luxury mattress should offer enough cushioning to relieve any pressure points. Research✓ has found that latex mattresses are particularly beneficial for reducing body pressure.
- Support: A luxury mattress should offer enough support to help aid spinal alignment. A study✓ found that a sagging mattress can negatively affect sleep quality for front and back sleepers; therefore, the right amount of support can be beneficial. Edge support can also help to prevent the sides from sagging.
- Motion Transfer: If you’re purchasing a mattress for couples, this could be something to consider. A luxury mattress should offer reduced motion transfer, meaning movement should not easily transfer to the other side of the mattress. Memory foam mattresses can offer good motion isolation due to their ability to absorb motion.
- Breathability: As studies✓ have shown that warmer temperatures can reduce sleep quality, it is essential to maintain a comfortable temperature while sleeping. Luxury mattresses can offer infused foam to cool down the mattress and other temperature-regulating materials, such as breathable covers.
- Noise Reduction: Noise is another point to consider for couples, especially those who will be using the mattress for sex. A good luxury mattress should aim to reduce noise and help to prevent any disruption for restless sleepers.
Trials, Warranties & Delivery
A luxury mattress should provide high levels of comfort and quality. However, a high standard of customer service and extra benefits should also be expected when paying a high price.
To ensure that your money is being well-spent, the mattress company should provide a lengthy free trial for you to test the mattress to make sure the quality matches the price tag. Although it should take around 30 days to adjust to a new mattress, free trials should be at least 100 days, so it gives you a chance to try out the mattress in different seasons. Moreover, the warranty should be at least ten years for a luxury mattress, as it’s expected to have long-lasting durability.
When it comes to delivery, many luxury mattresses are delivered using a 2-person delivery service. They will unpackage and set up the mattress for free while disposing of the old mattress. Bed in a box companies can also offer a white-glove service where someone unboxes the mattress for you.
Benefits Of A Luxury Mattress
While it’s worth noting that a high price tag doesn’t always mean high quality, there are still many benefits to a good quality luxury mattress. However, it’s recommended to take full advantage of the free trial before committing fully to ensure that the product delivers its promises.
- Materials: The materials used in luxury mattresses are often of better quality and can therefore offer more benefits. Many luxury mattresses also claim to be organic, which means the materials can be less harmful to you and the environment.
- Durability: Due to the thicker materials used in luxury mattresses, they tend to be more durable. This means that purchasing a more expensive mattress can be a wise investment as the extra money spent may mean it lasts longer.
- Technology: Many luxury mattresses come with added technology to help improve the overall sleep quality. This can include cooling materials, pressure-relieving zones and contouring features.
- Firmness: Although not limited to medium-firm, many luxury mattresses tend to fall into this category. Studies✓ have revealed that a medium-firm mattress can help relieve back pain, which could be beneficial for many sleepers.
- Spinal Alignment: As you are paying for top-quality, luxury mattresses tend to be designed to help relieve pressure and take away aches and pains. Many also include special features which can help aid spinal alignment.
- Sleep Quality: Due to the carefully curated construction and added features, luxury mattresses should help to improve your overall sleep quality; just make sure you select the right mattress type and materials to suit your preferences.
Did you know?
Having a good quality mattress could benefit not only you but also the British economy. According to a widespread survey, the BBC reported that the UK loses £40bn a year due to sleep-deprived workers.
Added Luxury Features
When searching for a luxury mattress, there are some additional features that are worth looking out for that could give you extra value for money. It is useful to consider which features can benefit your individual needs and preferences and ultimately help you get a comfortable night’s rest.
- Alongside the traditional or open-cell memory foam, you can also find infused foams within luxury mattresses. These infusions can include gel, graphite and bamboo; they can help with temperature regulation, providing a cooler nights sleep.
- Many luxury mattresses tend to use more natural materials to offer a more eco-friendly and sustainable mattress. Natural materials can range from bamboo to soybean oil and can also provide different benefits for the sleeper.
- Materials used in luxury mattresses are often expected to be hypoallergenic and suitable for those with sensitive skin. Some mattresses may also include anti-dust mite treatment to reduce dust mites and bacteria.
- To prove the high quality of the mattresses, you should look out for official certifications. This could include the CertiPUR-US stamp, which means the mattress has been produced without any harmful heavy metals or dyes. There is also the GOTS approval, indicating it’s made with 70% organic materials.
- A luxury mattress may often have more layers than a standard mattress. Each layer should offer its own benefits, such as breathability and support. Special covers and pillow tops may also be included for added comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best luxury mattress?
This can depend on your personal needs and preferences. If you prefer more support, a firmer mattress with more springs may be a good option. If you enjoy the soft cushioned feel, a mattress with plenty of foam could provide the desired comfort.
What is a luxury memory foam mattress?
A luxury memory foam mattress often contains high-quality foam materials rather than traditional memory foam. This can include open-cell memory foam or gel-infused memory foam for increased breathability.